April 29, 2019
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome back! I hope that you enjoyed a wonderful Easter and spring break with your families. Now that we are back, please make note of the important school events and some changes and additions to the school calendar.
Wednesday, May 1 Gr. 6 Field Trip Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island All Day
Home and School Association Meeting 7:00PM
Thursday, May 2 iSing Competition (Choir)
Youth Retreat Center – Kearny 11:30AM
Friday, May 3 Kindergarten Field Trip-Imagine That! All Day
First Friday Mass – St. Ann Church 10:00AM
Trimester III Progress Reports
HCA Talent Show 6:30PM
Monday, May 6 Ava Kauffmann –Principal for a Day!
Traveling Farm (Quiver Farm) All Day
All classes will be scheduled to attend
Tuesday, May 7 Teacher Appreciation Day
PK-2 Field Day – JFK Field 9:00-11:30
Wednesday, May 8 No School for Students
Teacher Professional Development Day
Thursday, May 9 Gr. 3-8 Field Day 9:00-11:30
Friday, May 10 HSA Teacher Appreciation Day Breakfast 7:45AM
HCA Choir performance at the Cathedral
Basilica of the Sacred Heart 7:30PM
Monday, May 13 Field Day rain date
Wednesday May 15- Grade 8 Washington DC Trip 7:00AM Depart
Friday, May 17 11:00PM Return
Wednesday, May 15 HFA –Ben and Jerry’s teacher scoopers 6:00PM
Thursday, May 16 Gr. 7 Scholastic Olympics –Marist HS 3:30PM
Monday, May 20 Pre-K Field Trip to the Central Park Zoo All day
Grade 3 Field Trip to the American All Day
Museum of Natural History
Tuesday, May 21 Campus Ministry Senior Prom 6:30PM
Wednesday, May 22 HCA Choir Spring Concert 7:00PM
Thursday, May 23 Memorial Day Prayer Service – HCA Gym 8:15AM
Gr. 7 Philadelphia field trip All day
Friday, May 24 No School
Monday, May 27 Memorial Day No school
Wednesday, May 29- Gr. 6-8 Final Exams
Friday, May 31
Thursday, May 30 Ascension Thursday/May Crowning Mass 10:00AM
St. Ann Church-Parents invited
Friday, May 31 $2 Dress Down Day
Gr. 3 Science Fair –HCA Gym 1:30PM
Graduation Dance (Gr. 7-8) 6:00PM
Saturday, June 1 5K Race Pier A Park Registration 7:00AM
Monday, June 3 Grade 8 Retreat Youth Retreat Center All Day
Tuesday, June 4 Art Show 6:00PM
Wednesday, June 5 Sports Awards Assembly 9:30AM
Thursday, June 6 PK Moving Up Ceremony 9:00AM
Kinder Moving–up Ceremony 1:00PM
Home and School Association Social Mtg. 7:00PM
Friday, June 7 Baccalaureate Mass -St. Ann 10:00AM
Deloitte and Touche Impact Day 9:00-2:30 PM
Saturday, June 8 Grade 8 Graduation- St. Ann 10:00 A
Wednesday, June 12 Half Day 12:00- Dismissal
Last day – PK and K
Free Dress Down day
Thursday, June 13 Half-Day Gr. 1-7 12:00 Dismissal
Honor Roll Assembly 8:15AM
Friday, June 14 Last Day Students 12:00 Dismissal
- HCA Choir CD’s are available for sale and it is outstanding. Order forms went home before Easter and will be posted on our website. The CD’s are $15 and feature our amazing choir under the direction of Laurie Campana with special guest performances by HCA alums Nora Jacobi and Nanki Nagpaul.
- Iowa Test results will be made available to us within the next week or so and will be sent home as soon as we can following our debriefing at the schools’ office in Newark.
- Our Field Days are scheduled for next week and we still need some volunteers for the upper grade day on the 9th. Parents of students in grades 3-8 are needed. Please contact the school office or Donna Murphy if you are able to help.
- Our second annual talent show will take place this Friday evening and I am sure it will be amazing. In addition to our incredibly talented students, there will be a guest appearance by the band Council! Spots are still available, so please join us if you are able.
- On Wednesday evening, May 15th, Ms. Molino, Ms. Rambaran, Mrs. Peterson and Mrs. Fitzgibbons will be scooping ice cream at Ben and Jerry’s on Washington Street in support of the Hoboken Family Alliance’s special program to raise funds for their summer bicycle camp. Please come out that evening at 6:00 and order up some ice cream from our amazing teachers!
Thank you and God Bless you!