EVERY student must be in the proper uniform at ALL times. Parents are asked to cooperate with the school uniform rules. Detention will be given for violation of school uniform policy.
Uniforms must be purchased through Flynn & O’Hara at www.flynnohara.com, Lobel’s Uniform Outfitters located at 5819 Bergenline Ave. in West New York, NJ or Land’s End (ordering information will be provided via email.)
(PLEASE LABEL ALL PARTS OF THE UNIFORM WITH THE CHILD’S NAME.)
BOYS (Pre-K – Grade 4) Grey flannel pants, HCA white or HCA burgundy polo shirt with school logo, grey or black socks, black belt, HCA burgundy cardigan or vest with school logo. Also available: HCA burgundy turtleneck, HCA grey shorts.
GIRLS (Pre-K –Grade 3) HCA burgundy plaid jumper with school logo or grey pants, HCA white or HCA burgundy polo shirt with school logo or white blouse, burgundy or grey knee high socks or burgundy, grey or white tights, HCA burgundy cardigan or vest with school logo. Also available: HCA burgundy turtleneck, HCA grey shorts or HCA grey skorts.
GIRLS (GRADES 4 ) HCA burgundy plaid skirt or HCA grey pants, HCA white or burgundy polo shirt with school logo or white blouse, burgundy or grey knee high socks or white tights, HCA burgundy cardigan or vest with school logo. HCA burgundy sweater vest with school logo.
Also available: HCA burgundy turtleneck, HCA grey shorts.
BOYS (Grades 5-8) Grey flannel pants, white oxford shirt with tie, grey socks, black belt, HCA burgundy cardigan or vest with school logo.
GIRLS (GRADES 5-8) HCA burgundy plaid skirt, white oxford blouse with tie, burgundy or grey knee high socks, HCA burgundy cardigan or vest with school logo. HCA burgundy sweater vest with school logo.
(ALL GRADES) Students are required to wear dark colored low-heeled, rubber-soled shoes. Shoes must have closed backs. Boots are not permitted. No ballerina flats or smooth-soled shoes are allowed for safety purposes.
* Solid black sneakers (no stripes or designs) are permitted to be worn with uniforms in lieu of black shoes. Shoes with laces must be tied at all times.
(ALL GRADES) Only HCA cardigan sweater with school logo or HCA zip hoodie with school logo are allowed . No other sweaters are allowed to be worn at all times.
(ALL GRADES) Grey mesh gym shorts, a burgundy T-shirt with school logo, and clean sneakers are to be worn by students on their assigned Gym day from September until early November and from late April until the closing of school. (Consult monthly calendar for exact dates.) A burgundy sweat suit with school logo and clean sneakers are to be worn on the student’s assigned gym days for the remainder of the school year.
No jewelry should be worn on Gym days
Uniforms should be neat, clean and worn properly at all times. Shirts are to be tucked in at all times. Uniform shirts, pants and skirts should be the proper size and length. GIRL’S SKIRTS AND JUMPERS SHOULD BE KNEE-LENGTH.
GENERAL GROOMING REQUIREMENTS
- Hairstyles, as well as hair adornments for girls, should be simple. Hair coloring is not permitted. Hair dye, highlights, streaking not permitted.
- If a girl has long hair, we strongly suggest it be worn in a braid or pony tail.
- Boy’s hair length should not be below the shirt collar, and should be clean cut and combed. No Mohawks, Faux hawks or logos cut into hair or hair designs.
- Boys and girls fingernails should be kept clean and well trimmed. No nail polish, acrylic gels or tips.
- Make-up is not to be worn in school.
- Girls may wear small earrings to school. Large hoops and dangling earrings are not permitted.
- Boys are not permitted to wear earrings.
DRESS CODE FOR NON-UNIFORM DAYS
The following guidelines are to be followed in choosing proper attire for days on which students are excused from wearing the school uniform. Students should dress modestly. The following items are NOT permitted:
- Pants worn below the waistline
- Shirts that go above the waistline
- Low cut tops
- Bare shoulders (no tank tops)
- Shirts, shorts or skirts that are too short or too form fitting
- High-heeled or open-back shoes, flip flops
- Clothing with offensive or inappropriate words, symbols or graphics
Students who are inappropriately dressed will be required to call a parent/guardian and have them bring the school uniform to school for the child to change into.