With this decision please know that this also means the following:
- no school or parish should be hosting any sort of organized sport contests, practices, clinics or league
- no school or parish can form teams under the parish or school name nor enter any other league
Formal guidance regarding the Winter CYO Basketball Season will be forthcoming from the Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministry/CYO in the upcoming weeks as they continue to monitor guidance from the CDC, NJ State Officials, the National Federation of High School Associations (NFHS) and the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA).
Girls Volleyball – 5th to 8th Grade Girls
Pee Wee Basketball – 1st and 2nd Grade Boys and Girls
Freshman Basketball– 3rd and 4th Grade Boys and Girls
JV Basketball – 5th and 6th Grade Boys and Girls
Varsity Basketball – 6th to 8th Grade Boys and Girls
The following is important information regarding New Jersey and HCA requirements for sports physicals.
- All students participating in HCA sponsored sports must have an updated physical on file annually.
- Grades PK3 through 5 may use the Universal health Form.
- Grades 6 through 8 must use the Pre-Participating Physical Evaluation form. This must be completed in compliance with the New Jersey requirements i the Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act information fact sheet.
- The physicals must be completed within 365 days prior to the first official practice in an athletic season.
Please read the Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act information fact sheet carefully. Number 6 is not applicable. The student's physician will sign off on the appropriate forms.
In the interest of student safety there can be no exceptions to this requirement.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation
Mr. Donald Montefusco