Courtney Kincade, RN
Courtney Kincade is happy to join HCA as our new school nurse. She is new to her role here, but has been a member of our community for several years - her daughter is a 2018 graduate of HCA!
Courtney's background is in community health nursing, which lends itself well to our school environment, especially this year and the unique challenges it brings. Courtney's primary focus is working with community health officials, school administration, staff and students to make this year a safe and successful one for all.
Please feel free to reach out to Courtney via phone or email with any concerns.
The CDC has created a back to school checklist to provide guidelines and information on keeping your child safe. The link below provides access to this list.
Additionally, students are learning to cope in a new environment, at school and everywhere. The following link provides information on how to help your child meet these new challenges.
PRINTABLE MEDICAL FORMS
- Universal Child Health Record
- Sports Physical
- Asthma Action Plan
- Food Allergy Emergency Care Plan
- Authorization for Medication
Please, provide all emergency medications with proper documentation, signed by your child's health care provider to the nurse as soon as possible. Also, all 2020-2021 Well Child Physicals are to be submitted to the School Nurse. Medical forms to be filled out by your child's health care provider are provided in the link above titled "Printable Medical Forms". Please print out the Universal Health Record and bring the blank form to be filled out by the Pediatrician and submit to the School Nurse. If your child is to participate in Athletics, please print out the Sports Participation Physical form and return to school before the sport begins.
· All students are required to have an updated immunization record on file in order to stay in school. Influenza vaccines are mandatory ny NJ State law for children ages 6 to 59 months of age. All students ages up to 59 months as of December 31st must provide documentation of receipt of annual flu shot. Students who fail to provide documentation by reopen date in January will be EXCLUDED from attending school until proper documentation is provided.
· Annual school health screenings for vision, hearing, height, weight and blood pressure (K-8th Grade) will be conducted on Fridays throughout the school year. You will be promptly notified of any referrals. Scoliosis screenings will take place in the month of May. Consents will be sent home in advance. Please, if you would like your child to be screened for scoliosis, sign and return the consent form in a timely manner.
· Allergy & Asthma season is approaching. Monitor all symptoms closely and follow your health care provider’s advice. Medical care plans, rescue inhalers, and Epi pens are a necessity. Please be sure to provide all rescue medication to the School Nurse alongside proper documentation. All medications must have a printed pharmacy label with your child's name on box.
· If your child has a health condition or needs special care during the school day such as medication, treatments, or monitoring, please inform the school nurse.
· Please make sure that the emergency contact information on file in the school office is accurate and kept.
Children must be fever-free for 24 hours or more to return to school. If your child incurs 3 or more consecutive absences, a doctor's note is required to return to school. If you are unsure if your child should return to school, please contact the school nurse.
If you have any questions or if your child has any medical concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the School Nurse.
Students who need medication during school hours (including inhalers and EpiPens) will need to have an adult or guardian complete the medication form accompanied by a physician’s order to have medication administered during school. All medication received by the nurses office must be in its original pharmacy labeled container. Please be sure to check out the School Nurse Website online, all health-related school forms are online and can be printed at home if needed. I have also included helpful information about school screenings, health links.
CONTACT SCHOOL NURSE