Welcome to the SCHOOL HEALTH NEWSLETTER, where parents, students, educators and staff can keep current with school health-related items.
WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL – September 2018
Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year at Hoboken Catholic Academy. Please, provide all emergency medications with proper documentation, signed by your child's health care provider to the nurse as soon as possible. Also, all 2018-2019 Well Child Physicals are to be submitted to the School Nurse. Medical forms to be filled out by your child's health care provider are provided in the link above titled "Printable Medical Forms". Please print out the Universal Health Record and bring the blank form to be filled out by the Pediatrician and submit to the School Nurse. If your child is to participate in Athletics, please print out the Sports Participation Physical form and return to school before the sport begins.
Flu Vaccinations are mandatory for students in the State of New Jersey. It is highly recommended that your child receives the Flu Vaccine as soon as possible. Do not wait to vaccinate. Please provide documentation of the immunization to the School Nurse. It is school policy to have documentation of flu vaccination no later than December 2018. Students who do not provide documentation will not be permitted to attend school on January 2, 2019.
· All students are required to have an updated immunization record on file in order to stay in school.
· Annual school health screenings for vision, hearing, height, and weight (K-8th Grade) will be conducted on Fridays throughout the school year. You will be promptly notified of any referrals.
· Allergy & Asthma season is approaching. Monitor all symptoms closely and follow your health care provider’s advice. Medical care plans, rescue inhalers, and Epi pens are a necessity. Please be sure to provide all rescue medication to the School Nurse alongside proper documentation. All medications must have a printed pharmacy label with your child's name on box.
· If your child has a health condition or needs special care during the school day such as medication, treatments, or monitoring, please inform the school nurse.
· Please provide a current and working phone number with the school office.
· Periodically visit the school nurse web page for monthly newsletters, information on student health policy, printable medical forms, and other helpful links.
If your child is absent due to illness or injury, please, provide the school with a doctor's note so that they may attend school.
If you have any questions or if your child has any medical concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the School Nurse.
Again, a warm welcome back. We are looking forward to a wonderful, healthy school year.